Let’s face it, 2020 was far from normal for all of us. You may have become sedentary and reaggravated some nagging injuries, you may have developed some unhealthy habits, or you may be just “stuck in a rut” and need a little help creating new patterns that can make positive change.
If you are looking to create positive changes in 2021 and start living a healthier, more active life, you can get off to a quick start by following these three simple tips.
- Reflect on 2020 and ask yourself:
- Am I living as healthy as I could?
- Do I live aligned with my top values?
- Do I prioritize my time to attend to those top values?
- What changes can I make to be more active and improve my diet?
- What skills do I need to develop further to live a healthier, more fulfilled life?
- Be intentional to generate change:
- Set your intention to take action on your small change each day in 2021.
- Outline the action steps that you will take, keep these small and manageable.
- Take them and praise your efforts.
- Once you start to see results, focus on those results you created for yourself.
- Challenge Your Thoughts
Thoughts can sneak into your head, and before you know it, you are the one damaging your chances of success. Without intervention, repeated negative thoughts over time become strengthened, and eventually, a circuit is created in the brain, forming a habit. What ideas do you have connected to this change? Redirect your negative thoughts, fears, and insecurities towards more life-expanding thoughts, rather than life-limiting.
Commit to One Small Change
As we begin a new year, many people start with New Year Resolutions, and by February, they are long since forgotten. Instead of making resolutions, consider asking yourself to commit to one small change that would lead to living a healthy and active life. Active living can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases, improve your overall health and well-being, reduce stress levels, minimize health-related medical costs, maintain a healthy weight, and maintain healthy bones and strong muscles.
If you would like to learn more about creating positive change, receive home exercise and stretching plans, and are ready to start feeling better and enjoying life again, schedule an appointment at any of our ProActive Physical Therapy locations today.
We are Tucson’s most trusted source for physical therapy, we have your Full Recovery Focus™ in mind, and we’re on your side when it comes to living life pain-free.