Cooler temps will be here soon for many of us living in Tucson, which means fall recipes, spending time outdoors and enjoying a nice cool morning at the farmers market. If you’re looking for healthy fall recipes to try, read on as we’re sharing some fun options to add to your weekly routine.
There’s lots of yummy produce that’s in-season for fall. Here are some of our favorites you can pick up next time you’re at the grocery store or Tucson farmers market.
- Bell peppers
- Brussel sprouts
- Green beans
- Sweet potatoes
- Winter squash
Don’t forget that switching up your spices is a fun way to add a unique flair to your typical recipe.
- Cinnamon – great for adding to your morning latte
- Allspice – add to stews or cakes
- Clove – can be used for sweet or savory
- Nutmeg – perfect for pies and custard
Healthy Fall Recipes to Try:
There are just a couple of our favorite healthy fall recipes to try! You can find even more on our Pinterest board.
- Turkey & Egg Breakfast Casserole – a hearty and healthy breakfast idea
- Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding – a sweeter breakfast option
- Thai Curried Butternut Soup – for a chilly evening
- Harvest Chicken Salad – make in bulk for lunches all week
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups – to satisfy your sweet tooth
And there you have it, a roundup of in-season produce, fall spices and healthy fall recipes to try!