Physical Therapy Technician
Locations Throughout Tucson
At ProActive Physical Therapy, we believe that we have the unique opportunity to positively impact the lives of our patients. Our practice has been build on the ideals of approaching healthcare and wellness with one primary emphasis – to serve others with compassion and hands-on care. In creating relationships with our patients and a collaborative environment in our clinics, we work together as passionate professionals that are dedicated to helping our patients return to the things they love, whether sports, work or day to day activities.
Advancing the careers of our employees is also important to us. Many of our physical therapy technicians have moved on to attend physical therapy school and become successful members of the PT community. In that, we are excited to provide growth opportunities for our team members.
Based in ruggedly beautiful Tucson, AZ, which is the heart of the Sonoran desert and the second largest city in Arizona, ProActive employees represent the active, adventurous and independent spirit of the region. We are active members of our community, working to improve the health and wellness of young athletes to retirees. When not inside our clinic walls, ProActive employees are found exploring the mountains on foot, cycling past massive Saguaro cacti or simply relaxing with friends and family in the sunshine.
Brief Job Description:
ProActive is seeking physical therapy technicians to join our growing team. This position assists physical therapists (PT’s), occupational therapists (OT’s), and physical therapist assistants (PTA’s). They play a key role in maintaining clinic flow and clinic appearance and team with others in the clinic to improve the patient experience in therapy serving to provide exceptional customer service to our customers and to assist customers during their course of treatment.
Essential Job Functions:
Maintain and Ensure Clinic Flow:
- Upon direction from PT/PTA, greet patients in waiting area and escort/transport patients to appropriate treatment area
- Communicate proactively with Front office team, therapists and other assistive personnel regarding schedule changes (patient cancels/add-on’s/no shows)
- Regularly and frequently speak with all patients and check-in with them, assist as needed
- Proactively identify patients who need attention, communicate with treating therapist regarding patient needs
- Multitask the needs of several patients at a time
- Reduce patient downtime by engaging them in conversation
- Maintain inventory of daily supplies and communicate with owner/director/office manager when supplies are low
- Assist therapist with Home Exercise program preparation and assist therapist/patient in reinforcing proper technique with exercises
- Effectively communicate with others on the rehabilitation team to create a positive environment for the patients and ensure minimal downtime for patients
- Perform daily/weekly clinic cleaning duties per checklist
- Maintain treatment, waiting area, kitchen and bathrooms in a clean, clutter-free and safe fashion
- Clean and sanitize treatment areas, including but not limited to, equipment, plinths and bolsters, counters following patient use
- Follow established procedures regarding the care and maintenance of equipment in the clinic
- Keep all treatment areas and rooms stocked properly and clutter free
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times per company policy
- Greet all patients on first visit and introduce yourself as a member of the team
- Learn patient names and call all patients by name, be respectful in all interactions
- Listen to patient concerns, communicate issues immediately to the treating therapist and/or your supervisor
- Identify patient needs proactively and communicate needs to treating therapist and/or supervisor
- Assist therapist/patients in filling out paperwork
- Provide assistance to the patient and therapist upon patient discharge
Facilitate and Assist with Patient Care:
- Maintain and ensure confidentiality on all patient, staff and office information in accordance with the HIPAA privacy act
- Be able to appropriately set up exercise equipment for patients safely and adjust as needed for patient safety and needs
- Assist patient in facilitation/performance of exercises under therapist direction, monitor patient reaction and communicate patient response to the professional staff
- Assist therapist in filling out patient flow sheets as required
- Assist therapist in properly positioning patients, setting up modalities and applying modalities when appropriate under the direction of the treating therapist
- Regularly monitor patient reaction to exercise or modalities and communicate with therapists any adverse reactions, patient complaints or safety concerns
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills dealing with a diverse range of people
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients
- Ability to act with integrity in regards to all matters of confidentiality
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and independent judgement in solving problems
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s degree in physical therapy preferred
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications
Works within an outpatient physical therapy clinic and performs these essential job functions in addition to managing their current caseload of patients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to type; handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position is subject to lifting objects over 50 pounds infrequently.
Up to 25% local travel is necessary for clinic visibility.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are illustrative only and are in no way intended to be a complete list of activities that may be required of an incumbent. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties may be performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
ProActive Physical Therapy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
All employees are subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.