Front Office Manager
Locations Throughout Tucson
At ProActive Physical Therapy, we believe that we have the unique opportunity to positively impact the lives of our patients. Our practice has been build on the ideals of approaching healthcare and wellness with one primary emphasis – serving others. In creating relationships with our patients and a collaborative environment in our clinics, we work together as passionate professionals that are dedicated to helping our patients return to the things they love, whether sports, work or day to day activities.
Based in ruggedly beautiful Tucson, AZ, which is the heart of the Sonoran desert and the second largest city in Arizona, ProActive employees represent the active, adventurous and independent spirit of the region. We are active members of our community, working to improve the health and wellness of young athletes to retirees. When not inside our clinic walls, ProActive employees are found exploring the mountains on foot, cycling past massive Saguaro cacti or simply relaxing with friends and family in the sunshine.
Interested in joining our team? Read below to pursue your passion at ProActive.
Brief Job Description:
ProActive Physical Therapy is looking for Front Office Managers to join our growing team. The Front Office Manager serves as a supportive resource for all front office functions at the clinical level and works with the clinic director to ensure that patient needs are met.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible to hire, train, develop and evaluate the Front Office team in an effective and efficient manner
- Regularly communicate with employees to discuss their performance providing both recognition and constructive feedback as necessary to assist in their success. Consult human resources, as appropriate
- Ensure all personnel are well informed of department objectives and policies
- Ensure a proper image is being maintained by all team members regarding presentation standards
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with all departments of the company to ensure maximum cooperation, productivity, morale, and patient service
- Collaborate with all department leaders to make recommendations for improvements in overall operations with an emphasis on increasing patient satisfaction, revenues, in a fiscally responsible manner
- Monitor and assess operational functions, make recommendations for process improvements and follow up on execution action plans
- Perform routine audits of write-offs and adjustments impacting revenue. Make any necessary recommendations for improvement
- Responsible for providing personal and professional development opportunities to all Front Office Managers on a regular and ongoing basis
- Run and complete daily reports, analyze data and make data-based decisions
- Resolve patient issues and concerns to patient/client satisfaction
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills dealing with a diverse range of people
- Effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information
- Ability to influence others and implement appropriate change for the organization
- Positive, caring and customer-service-oriented attitude
- Experience in writing policies and procedures
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, appropriate prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to act with integrity in regards to all matters of confidentiality
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and independent judgement in solving problems
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Eight (8) years of progressively responsible clerical administrative experience preferably in a healthcare field
- A minimum of one (1) year experience with EMR systems
- Efficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
This position will work in an office and clinical setting with local and regional travel needed.
This job operates in a professional work environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, scanners and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to type; handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Up to 25% local travel is necessary.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are illustrative only and are in no way intended to be a complete list of activities that may be required of an incumbent. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties may be performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
ProActive Physical Therapy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
All employees are subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.