Locations Throughout Tucson
At ProActive Physical Therapy, we believe that we have the unique opportunity to positively impact the lives of our patients. Our practice has been build on the ideals of approaching healthcare and wellness with one primary emphasis – serving others. In creating relationships with our patients and a collaborative environment in our clinics, we work together as passionate professionals that are dedicated to helping our patients return to the things they love, whether sports, work or day to day activities.
Based in ruggedly beautiful Tucson, AZ, which is the heart of the Sonoran desert and the second largest city in Arizona, ProActive employees represent the active, adventurous and independent spirit of the region. We are active members of our community, working to improve the health and wellness of young athletes to retirees. When not inside our clinic walls, ProActive employees are found exploring the mountains on foot, cycling past massive Saguaro cacti or simply relaxing with friends and family in the sunshine.
Interested in joining our team? Read below to learn more
Brief Job Description:
ProActive is seeking physical therapists to join our growing team. The physical therapist is responsible for the direct care of patients through their care continuum from initial evaluation through discharge, ensuring an exceptional customer experience. Supervision of professional and non-professional staff is also involved. The position reports directly to the clinic director of their facility.
Essential Job Functions:
- Functions as a cooperative, active member of the health care team
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient related information
- Assumes responsibility for continued professional growth and development, by participating in continuing education programs, and other appropriate learning experiences
- Maintains safety and infection control standards: recognizes and reports inferior patient care and or safety hazards
- Evaluates patients per physician orders and develops appropriate treatment programs, advancing as appropriate
- Create and ensure an exceptional patient experience
- Communicates with referring physician
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation
- Interprets and reports patient results to treatments
- Functions as active clinic director as needed
- Assigns and supervises appropriate tasks to the physical therapy technician and support staff
- Participates in the development and implementation of programs and services
- Responsible for timely completion and submission of all documentation pertaining to evaluation and discharge. Communicates with referring providers per practice guidelines.
- Practice Physical Therapy consistent with the American Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics, and Standards of Practice and Standards of Practice policy in this manual
- Maintain a patient treatment schedule consistent with the needs of the clinic
- To respect and understand the patient right to treatment and right to involvement in treatment decisions
- Practices ethical responsibility based on the cultural, ethnic, and religious beliefs of the patients served and applicable law
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills dealing with a diverse range of people
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from patients
- Ability to act with integrity in regards to all matters of confidentiality
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and independent judgement in solving problems
- Practice Physical Therapy consistent with the American Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics, and Standards of Practice and Standards
- Bachelor’s degree in physical therapy (accredited program)
- Minimum of 3 years clinical practice experience
- Licensed or eligible for State of AZ PT license
- Good record with the state licensure board
- CPR certification
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications
- Efficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
Works within an outpatient physical therapy clinic and performs these essential job functions in addition to managing their current caseload of patients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to type; handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position is subject to lifting objects over 50 pounds infrequently.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are illustrative only and are in no way intended to be a complete list of activities that may be required of an incumbent. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties may be performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
ProActive Physical Therapy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
All employees are subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.