Front Office Representative
Locations Throughout Tucson
At ProActive Physical Therapy, we believe that we have the unique opportunity to positively impact the lives of our patients. Our practice has been build on the ideals of approaching healthcare and wellness with one primary emphasis – serving others. In creating relationships with our patients and a collaborative environment in our clinics, we work together as passionate professionals that are dedicated to helping our patients return to the things they love, whether sports, work or day to day activities.
Based in ruggedly beautiful Tucson, AZ, which is the heart of the Sonoran desert and the second largest city in Arizona, ProActive employees represent the active, adventurous and independent spirit of the region. We are active members of our community, working to improve the health and wellness of young athletes to retirees. When not inside our clinic walls, ProActive employees are found exploring the mountains on foot, cycling past massive Saguaro cacti or simply relaxing with friends and family in the sunshine.
Interested in joining our team? Read below to pursue your passion at Proactive.
Brief Job Description:
ProActive Physical Therapy is seeking front office representatives to join our growing team. This position serves as a supportive resource for our clinics; timely scheduling of new and current patients, enhance the patient experience, ensure patient healthcare benefits are applied correctly, answer questions and become a liaison and advocate for our patients during their recovery.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide exceptional customer service daily. The ability to multi task and prioritize multiple demands
- Greet patients and obtain intake paperwork
- Schedule patients, answer incoming phone calls and follow up on no show or canceled appointments
- Responsible for insurance verifications, authorizations and visit tracking
- Communicate any patient or referral source questions or concerns to the appropriate personnel
- Responsible for over the counter collections, data entry, medical records, and scanning paperwork
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills dealing with a diverse range of people
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Ability to act with integrity in regards to all matters of confidentiality
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Skilled and knowledgeable with health care insurance plans. PPO/HMO, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Associates degree preferred
- One (1) year of experience working in a health care field is preferred
- Efficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
This job operates in a professional work environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, scanners and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to type; handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position is subject to lifting objects over 25 pounds infrequently. Ability to work a flexible schedule and have past/current experience with health care insurance plans. PPO/HMO, etc.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are illustrative only and are in no way intended to be a complete list of activities that may be required of an incumbent. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties may be performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
ProActive Physical Therapy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
All employees are subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.