Locations Throughout Tucson
At ProActive Physical Therapy, we believe that we have the unique opportunity to positively impact the lives of our patients. Our practice has been build on the ideals of approaching healthcare and wellness with one primary emphasis – serving others. In creating relationships with our patients and a collaborative environment in our clinics, we work together as passionate professionals that are dedicated to helping our patients return to the things they love, whether sports, work or day to day activities.
Based in ruggedly beautiful Tucson, AZ, which is the heart of the Sonoran desert and the second largest city in Arizona, ProActive employees represent the active, adventurous and independent spirit of the region. We are active members of our community, working to improve the health and wellness of young athletes to retirees. When not inside our clinic walls, ProActive employees are found exploring the mountains on foot, cycling past massive Saguaro cacti or simply relaxing with friends and family in the sunshine.
Interested in joining our team? Read below to learn more.
Brief Job Description:
ProActive is seeking clinic directors to join our growing team. The clinic director serves as senior oversight leader of all clinical operations, to include, but not limited to, patient care, patient experience, budgeting, growth planning, staff development, physician interaction, and clinic appearance. This is a fast-paced, high expectation environment and the successful candidate will thrive in this setting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish standards for rehabilitation services in accordance with the Guide for Physical Therapy Conduct. Ensure that all standards are maintained by the staff
- Ensure all appropriate patient documentation records are maintained in a manner which is in compliance with all regulatory standards
- Direct quarterly patient utilization review meetings with staff (or more frequently as needed)
- Approve and monitor clinic expenses as it relates to supplies, equipment, and staffing in consultation of the owner/CEO as appropriate
- Accountable for the development of strategic goals and objective for their clinic. Goals and objectives shall be in alignment with the overall vision of long-term sustainability for the organization
- Responsible to provide comprehensive and quality physical therapy services and operational excellence of all assigned activities. Specific metrics shall be utilized to measure the success
- Participate in the planning, coordination, supervision, and evaluation of services offered in the clinic
- Manage the day to day activities of the clinic with appropriate and prompt communication with the owner/CEO as appropriate
- Responsible for the selection of qualified and professional personnel to handle the patient care, community and employee needs of the clinic
- Responsible to hire, train develop and evaluate the team in an effective manner. Regularly communicate with employees to discuss their performance providing both recognition and constructive feedback as necessary to assist in their success. Consult human resources, as appropriate
- Hold and document monthly staff meetings (or more frequently as needed)
- Maintain balanced clinical caseloads for all therapists, to include Clinical Director, and organize work schedule utilizing full and part time staff appropriately and efficiently
- Establish and maintain channels of communication with administrators, staff, referring physicians, insurance companies, hospitals, etc.
- Regularly meets with the marketing team to recommend, develop, and execute strategic marketing plans
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills dealing with a diverse range of people
- Ability to influence others and implement appropriate change for the organization
- Ability to plan, implement and monitor the compliance program
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to act with integrity in regards to all matters of confidentiality
- Ability to exercise a high degree of initiative and independent judgement in solving problems
- Knowledge of accepted business techniques and of managing a health related business
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy (approved by American Physical Therapy Association); or Master’s degree in Physical Therapy
- Current AZ State PT License
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical PT experience
- Membership in an accredited professional organization is preferred
- Efficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
This job operates in a professional work environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, scanners and photocopiers. This position will also perform duties in a physical therapy clinic setting where noise can be moderate to heavy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to type; handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position is subject to lifting objects over 50 pounds infrequently. Ability to work a flexible schedule and have past/current experience with health care insurance plans. PPO/HMO, etc.
Up to 10-25% local travel may be necessary.
Disclaimer: The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are illustrative only and are in no way intended to be a complete list of activities that may be required of an incumbent. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed for this position. Additional duties may be performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
ProActive Physical Therapy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
All employees are subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.